Revision Date: April 7, 2013
This agreement (the "Agreement) is made between Coastal Bliss Adventures Ltd. (the "Company"), and the Affiliate, and collectively, the "Parties") for participation in The Company's affiliate program. If Affiliate does not want to participate in the affiliate program, please disregard the following agreement.
Affiliate wishes to include certain materials promoting Company and its products and services, and to include a link to Company's website within those materials on Affiliate's website; Affiliate also wishes to sell products and services of Company to a user (the "Client") in exchange for a commission;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises, covenants, warranties, and other good and valuable consideration set forth herein, the Parties agree as follows:
1. Promotional Materials. Company shall make available to Affiliate certain banner advertisements, button links, text links, and/or other graphic or textual material for display and use on the Affiliate website (the "Promotional Materials"). Affiliate shall display the Promotional Materials on Affiliate's website prominently and as Affiliate sees fit, provided that the manner of display shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Affiliate shall also include a link from the Promotional Materials to Company's website, as specified by Company.
2. Use of Promotional Materials. The Affiliate's use and display of the Promotional Materials on the Affiliate's site shall conform to the following terms, conditions and specifications:
a. Affiliate may not use any graphic, textual or other materials to promote Company's website, products or services other than the Promotional Materials, unless Company agrees to such other materials in writing prior to their display.
b. Affiliate may only use the Promotional Materials for the purpose of promoting Company's website (and the products and services available thereon), and for linking to Company's website.
c. Affiliate will not alter, add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Promotional Materials as they are prepared by Company. If Affiliate wishes to alter or otherwise modify the Promotional Materials, Affiliate must obtain prior written consent from Company for such alteration of modification.
d. The Promotional Materials will be used to link only to Company's website, to the specific page and address as specified by Company and/or for the sale of specific products or services listed in the schedule of "Saleable Products and Services".
3. License. Company hereby grants to Affiliate a nonexclusive, non-transferable license (the "License") to use the Promotional Materials as specified under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The term of the License shall expire upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
4. Intellectual Property. Company retains all right, ownership, and interest in the Promotional Materials, and in any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property in the Promotional Materials. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to grant Affiliate any rights, ownership or interest in the Promotional Materials, or in the underlying intellectual property, other than the rights to use the Promotional Materials granted under the License, as set forth in Section 3.
5. Relationship of Parties. This Agreement shall not be construed to create any employment relationship or partnership between Company and Affiliate. Affiliate shall provide services for Company as an independent contractor. Affiliate shall have no authority to bind Company into any agreement. Affiliate must collect information for evaluation and planning by Company. Any sale shall be considered a reservation until Company approves the reservation and notifies the Client and Affiliate in writing of the approval. A Company approved reservation becomes a "Reserved Booking." When payment is received for the full trip, the Reserved Booking becomes an "Official Booking." If Company disapproves the reservation, Company will notify Affiliate. Affiliate must notify the Client and Company in writing of the disapproval and refund any money collected. Affiliate agrees to exactly follow the Company's Booking and Cancellation Policy:
A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the trip fee is required to hold a reservation. The balance of the fee is due 60 days prior to commencement date of the trip.
Payment in full at the time of reservation is appreciated. A trip is officially "Booked" at the time of full payment to Company.
Cancellation By Client
As a significant portion of trip costs is committed well in advance of each trip, there is no refund within 60 days of the departure date of a booked trip. If final payment is not received by 60 days prior to the departure date of booked trip, Coastal Bliss Adventures reserves the right to treat the reservation as cancelled. Both deposit [less a $50 administrative fee], and full balance of payment will be refunded if we can replace the Client spot with another client after all other spots have been filled. Any non-refundable moneys from third party deposits will be deducted from this refund. Cancellation notice must be received in writing.
No one may depart on a trip unless all payments and required documents are received by Coastal Bliss Adventures Ltd by the published deadline. Our guides rely on having information before their trips leave to ensure that they can plan for Client's needs. Failure to provide accurate information that may affect the safety or ability of others to complete the trip, may cause the Client to be denied departure, or evacuated. No refund is available if incomplete or inaccurate information prevents Client from completing the trip.
Due to the nature of operating in the wilderness and international destinations, prices are subject to change [rare]. Where necessary to change a price, we will try to provide as much notice as possible, and offer Client the choice of another trip, or to cancel, with full refund.
Company prices are quoted in Canadian dollars. If Client chooses to pay by credit card, Company processes payment in Canadian funds. Credit card companies will assign an amount based on their current exchange rate.
Cancellation By Coastal Bliss
Coastal Bliss Adventures reserves the right to alter itineraries or cancel any trip prior to departure for any reason whatsoever, including insufficient booking levels or logistical problems that may impede trip operations. A trip cancellation due to insufficient booking levels will generally occur at least 30 days prior to departure. Company is not responsible for expenses incurred by trip members in preparing for the trip (i.e. non refundable airline tickets, visa fees, equipment, etc.).
Due to the inherent risks involved in wilderness travel all participants are required to sign a standard liability release.
Company strictly enforces its cancellation policy. Company very strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance and trip cancellation insurance. Company will not refund any money within 60 days of trip departure except as stated explicitly in this agreement.
In exchange for Affiliate's display of the Promotional Materials, for sale of a reservation, and for Affiliate's compliance with and performance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company shall pay to Affiliate a commission (the "Commission") in the amount of a percentage of Booking sold by Affiliate to Client. The current percentage posted is
15% if Affiliate collects all money from Client; or
11 2/3 % if Affiliate defers collection of any money to Company.
a. This percentage is subject to change by the Company at any time. Notification to Affiliate of any change in commission percentage will be given by Company at the email address on hand for the Affiliate. Commission will be based on purchases made by a Client for any new purchases only.
b. Company shall keep accurate and up-to-date records of the data used to determine the total amount of Commissions owed to Affiliate. Affiliate shall be given reasonable access to these records upon request at email@example.com. Any discrepancy between the amount of Commissions owed according to these records, and the actual amount of Commissions paid to Affiliate in any period or periods shall be rectified by Company within 14 days of discovering such discrepancy.
c. If Affiliate defers payments by Clients to Company, commissions are held for a period of 2 months from any purchase to protect Company in the event of any chargeback that may occur, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Affiliate. Company shall pay all Commissions accrued and payable to Affiliate within 7 days of the first day of each month (the "Commission Payment Date"). If on any Commission Payment Date, the amount of total Commissions accrued and payable to Affiliate is less than $10.00, then such accrued and payable balance shall be held over to the following month, and paid together with the Commissions due for that month. If at any time, the balance of accrued and payable Commissions is held over for 2 consecutive months, then Company shall pay all accrued and payable Commissions to Affiliate in the third month, regardless of the total amount owed. Payment is made via cheque.
If Affiliate collects money,
d. In the event that Affiliate materially breaches this Agreement and Company terminates this Agreement within 30 days of such breach, then any accrued and payable Commissions owing to Affiliate shall be forfeited, and Company shall not be obligated to pay such Commissions to Affiliate.
7. Affiliate's Representations and Warranties. Affiliate represents and warrants the following:
a. Affiliate has the legal authority to enter into this Agreement and to be bound to the promises, covenants, and other duties set forth in this Agreement.
b. Affiliate's website does not contain any materials that are:
i. Sexually explicit, obscene, or pornographic;
ii. Offensive, profane, hateful, threatening, harmful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, or discriminatory (whether based on race, ethnicity, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, or otherwise);
iii. Graphically violent, including any violent video game images; or
iv. Solicitous of any unlawful behavior
c. Affiliate has obtained any necessary clearances, licenses, or other permission for any intellectual property used on Affiliate's website. Nothing on Affiliate's website infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity. No person or entity has brought or threatened an action claiming such infringement, nor does Affiliate have any reason to believe that any person or entity will bring or threaten such a claim in the future.
d. Affiliate will not use the Promotional Materials in any manner other than those set forth in Section 2 above.
e. Affiliate will not make any claim to ownership of the Promotional Materials, or of the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property therein.
f. Affiliate will not publish or otherwise distribute any advertising materials for Affiliate's website that reference Company or Company's website unless Company gives prior written consent to the distribution of such materials. Affiliate will not use Company's name (or any name that is confusingly similar to Company's name) for any purpose on its website, in its promotional materials, or in any other context except to promote Company's website as specified in this Agreement. Affiliate will not register any domain name that incorporates Company's name, or that is confusingly similar to Company's name.
g. Affiliate will not engage in the distribution of any unsolicited bulk emails (spam) in any way mentioning or referencing Company or Company's website.
8. Indemnification. Affiliate shall indemnify Company and hold harmless Company from any claim, damage, lawsuit, action, complaint, or other costs arising out of any breach of Affiliate's warranties set forth in Section 7 above. Affiliate shall also indemnify and hold harmless Company for any damage, loss or other cost arising out of the use or misuse by Affiliate of the Promotional Materials.
9. Confidentiality. Any information that Affiliate is exposed to by virtue of its relationship with Company under this Agreement, which information is not available to the general public, shall be considered to be "Confidential Company Information." Affiliate may not disclose any Confidential Company Information to any person or entity, except where compelled by law, unless Affiliate obtains prior written consent for such disclosure from Company.
a. This Agreement shall take effect immediately, and shall remain in full force and effect indefinitely, or until terminated pursuant to this Section 10.
b. Either Party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time and for any cause. The terminating Party must give written notice to the other Party at least 30 days prior to the intended date of termination.
11. Taxes. Company shall not be responsible for any taxes owed by Affiliate arising out of Affiliate's relationship with Company as set forth in this Agreement. Company shall not withhold any taxes from the Commissions paid to Affiliate.
12. Limitation of Liability. Company shall not be liable for any loss of profits or costs, or for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including costs associated with the procurement of substitute goods or services (whether Company was or should have been aware or advised of the possibility of such damage), arising out of or associated with any loss, suspension or interruption of service, termination of this Agreement, use or misuse of the Promotional Materials, or other performance of services under this Agreement.
13. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in several counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which, when taken together, shall constitute one agreement.
14. Severability. If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
15. Headings. The headings for section herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of the provisions of this Agreement.
16. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Company and Affiliate, and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.