SAFETY & WAIVERS
The team at Sea to Sky is committed to planning and leading the best outdoor adventures in the BC and Yukon wilderness. While we are all adventurers in our own right and are passionate about sharing our experiences and local knowledge with our guests, we also take great pride with responsible environmental practices, and high levels of safety procedures to ensure that every guests feels comfortable and safe. This is our promise to our guests and the land that we are fortunate to call home.
Your safety is our priorty
At Sea to Sky, safety and comfort of our guests is of utmost importance. We take pride in delivering a high standard of service and safety by ensuring that all guides are well experienced and trained for the adventures they lead. All guides are up to date with their Wilderness First Aid and other professional certifications. You're in good hands when you book with Sea to Sky.
Our guests' health and safety is our top priority. We carefully follow government travel guidelines and have a strict and comprehensive set of COVID-19 protocols in place to ensure adherence to all guidelines. Please see our COVID-19 policies for more details about our COVID-19 safety measures and what you can expect on a Sea to Sky tour.
We need your help in ensuring we all stay healthy and well. In advance of the tour, we will ask you to read and acknowledge the points outlined in our COVID-19 waiver designed to keeping each other healthy and safe. Please feel free to contact us anytime with questions.
Key considerations on Covid-19:
• You can become infected by being exposed to an infectious dose of viral particles through airborne droplets or from touching surfaces and then introducing the virus to your body nasally, orally or by touching mucosal membranes (eyes, nose, mouth)
• The infectious dose is a minimum density of viral particles that can be produced by breathing in, or touching mucosal membranes with, a small amount or short time exposure to high density particles, a large amount or long exposure to low density particles or anything in between.
• Covid-19 is principally transmitted by symptomatic carriers, but it can also be transmitted by pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers.
• Covid-19 is a relatively "fragile" virus that can be destroyed by washing with soap and water thoroughly or by disinfecting with commercial disinfectants, a %10 bleach solution, or a minimum 70% alcohol solution. More information is available on the BCCDC website.
• The best ways to protect yourself are by not exposing yourself to potential sources (keeping your distance, wearing protective garments, washing your hands far more regularly than you normally would and not touching your face).
• Minimizing the time you spend in proximity to a potential source is secondarily effective.
• The density of viral particles is lower in regions with large air volumes, such as the outdoors. While the risk of becoming infected outdoors (unless an infected person sneezes or coughs in your face) may be lower, it is wise to keep necessary exposure time short.
More information from the BC Center for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19